Friday, December 3, 2010

Holiday Meet

Tomorrow is the Holiday Meet that CSSC hosts. For most of my swimmers it will be the last meet until Mid-January. For some of my swimmers next weekend at WAG will be the last meet until Mid-January.

Tried to really not over coach tonight and yesterday as I am looking at this meet as a collection of the season. The work is already put in. Can't wait to see what happens. Looks like the weather is going to hold up better than Rose Bowl. Should have some really good swims.

Still get really excited over swim meets. Even though we have been to a lot during this fall, I am still really excited about what the results are going to bring. I always feel like we have done just a little more, and that it is another great opportunity to get best times.

Looking back over the Season, I like what we did this Fall. I feel like there was a lot to learn for the kids, and they did very well. I probably didn't do as much fun stuff as I had hoped, but hopefully next season, now that have more of the basic skills down going into the season, we'll have more time to get to some more interesting, challenging, and fun stuff. Decided to make a mini-season until JO's and JO Max Meet, as I'd like to review a lot of the stroke techniques, and then begin a 23 week Long Course Season.

No comments:

Post a Comment