Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My 28th Birthday

Began practice by talking about how propulsion from the Kick. Talked about relaxed ankles. Then went over the importance of hip motion on butterfly, and had the kids try to roll their hips back and feel their back muscles work as they made the roll.

Followed in the water by doing some Fly kick on side to work on and feel for the motion (speed doesn't matter here as they are trying to feel for correct Motions) (an attempt to try to do some deep practice, the kids lack some focus on doing deep practice well though) (Focus has been and still remains to be a battle).

Main Set was the 28 x 50's (for my 28th Birthday): 7 x Free on :45, 7 x Brst on :55, 7 x Back on :50, 7 x Fly on :50.

My mom drove down and surprised me with Jen's Family with Cupcakes and Drinks for my swimmers. Keeping the Birthday tradition even though I'm 3 and a half hours away now.

No comments:

Post a Comment