Monday, February 18, 2013

Congrats

I wanted to say congratulations to TNT on winning the CCS Junior Olympics. I am glad to see that one of the hardest decisions has come to what we knew that it would.

TNT and RCA had many years of doing a lot together, but competing against each other. I made the decision to finally become TNT after a lot if thought. My departure brought my father and mother back into coaching. The merger and my departure put Phil Black and my father back together on the same team. Like in the mid 90's they are back to JO Champions.

Congrats TNT.

2 comments:

  1. thanks kacy.....it was an awesome experience and all the swimmers came together and worked for the overall success of the team. I was on vacation in Mexico but I couldn't handle it so I flew back on Thursday to surprise my swimmers and to see my swimmers be real competitors....and your father was off for the weekend for his wedding anniversary (not with me lol) and of course, he showed up too - he couldn't miss it and his kids were far and above the best results. Your work on RCA/TNT really created an environment where the swimmers, coaches and parents thrive. Thanks for all your hard work. Y ahora, yo puedo hablar espanol tambien.....Coach Holidae

    ReplyDelete
  2. CLARIFICATION from my above post....I handled Mexico just fine. What I meant was I couldn't handle missing our swimmers complete at JOs. I am the head age-group coach but mostly coach the younger or novice swimmers who do not qualify for JOs. I take a vacation in the winter because my group gets very small in the winter. My youngest swimmer is 4 and although a great swimmer can't handle almost daily below freezing weather that we have in the Central Valley of California. However, as the head age-group coach, I consider all the swimmers MY swimmers because I'm kind of a MOM/Coach. It was a great meet! Gary, Phil, Holidae and all the other great tnt coaches!!!

    ReplyDelete