Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Virtual Club Championships

I think some people think I am silly when it comes to VCC. I love this program though. It is a team effort to score points, and a way that teams from all of USA Swimming to compete against each other.

I think it is my competitive drive that makes me love the program so much. I like the idea of competing against other teams. The idea that fast times score more points, creates a game between swim clubs throughout the duration of a season. High School swim was always fun because we put points to a swim team, and the same goes for dual meets, tri meets, and college meets.

I always am looking at the score a few days after a meet to see how many points we scored by the improvements that we made. With CSSC, we have actually done some great things, as we have now surpassed the clubs best score outside of 2003 (this year is skewed as 17 and 18 were separated groups, so there was more opportunities to score for older swimmers). The program has only existed since 2003, so I think that CSA's success mainly came pre-2003, but we can say that our team from 11 - 18 is now at one of this club's best place in the most recent future. Although this is great to have accomplished, it is only skimming the surface of what we want to accomplish, as we hope to develop a top level club in relation to the entire country. Hoping that this year we break into the top 200, but we have some work to do to accomplish this.

Yes, I think about VCC a lot, but it is because it is the game when it comes to this sport, and I love the competition of trying to be the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment