Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Getting Back into it

Kind of had a little break from the blogging. JO's was last weekend, and just drafted for the all-star team today (Go Green!).

JO's went so so. 10 year old girl had a rough meet. I mean a really rough meet. She had an amazing WAG and an ok Rio Mesa Meet, but JO's was pretty rough. I think nerves had a lot to play in it. I did stay up Friday and Saturday night wondering about what I could have done so wrong to have her add so much. The 12 year old boy swam out of his mind though, besides his first event of the meet kicked off with a flip turn back to brst on the 100 IM. We laughed it off, and we talked about having to shake the nerves off (Hey he's only been doing club since last March, so there was some nerves).

The rest of the group looks good. Well, the majority of them look really fast, and then there are a few that I wonder about. This is how it always is though, there's always those few that you just aren't sure that they realize what it takes to get faster. I hope for some teachable moments with these kids at the Coastal Champs.

Never blogged down the results of the last 3000 Free for time. I'm going to have to get to that later, as I don't have my notebook next to me. The kids seem to really enjoy this now. They approach it like it is an event, and look forward to improving. The ones who missed it were asking if they could make it up sometime, but I told them they were going to have to wait for the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment