Friday, June 14, 2013

Keeping up with learning

Last weekend I went to a coaches clinic my brother was putting on for new age group coaches. I was more of an off to the side observer, but still listened in.

Even though the target was for new coaches, I found myself thinking like at other clinics. Taking in the information he was saying and seeing if there things he is saying to help me become better, or a way to say something different that can help solve a problem that I have been having.

I took away the concept of finishing the fly kick and a drill I haven't used for years. I plan to use the drill again now to help develop this with my swimmers. A description of where the body should be at highest point of the dive. These are things that aren't new, but there was a reminder and new terminology that can help me become better. 

Education continues, even in places that may be at a lower level, or higher level as well. The accumulation of knowledge. The drive to always be learning. That is how people become good coaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment