Monday, August 29, 2011

Continuing to Challange

I talk a lot about being a coach, and my view on things. I am going to through a tangent out on this one.

One of my first posts went to why I named my blog what I did. It was something I came up with while coaching my group at RCA, I believe in 2008. I had said things similar to it for years prior, but this was definitely the phrase I liked. So, am I still doing it...

I began learning something I always wanted to learn. How to write HTML and Computer Programming. I knew some HTML from prior experience, but it was very simplistic.

I started with Computer Programming though, as I knew nothing about this field. I began studying C++. It did not come easy. I have began to understand some of the foundational aspects, and developed a small, very simple, computer program. The one that everyone starts with as the program comes up and displays, "Hello World!" I started studying exactly what each command in the program meant and why it was necessary, and I built some knowledge there. I hope to continue learning more about this.

I looked at code and I felt like it was so confusing to make sense of it, and something that I could possibly never get. I spent sometime on it, and have accomplished a small step, and I feel a little more confident that I could do it, but I think it will take some time.

Why learn it? Why not? I always try to make myself better, and sticking to the challenging the impossible mantra, that means I need to go out of my comfort zone. That's how I learn Final Cut Pro, How I was able to coach Diving, How I learned book keeping and Quickbooks, and how I was able to become a better swim coach. Will it help me later on? You just never know.

Continue to Challenge the Impossible. You never know if you can't until you try. You never know if you can until you work hard. Persevere to what you are trying to accomplish, it won't just happen over night. Understand that reaching your full potential isn't by just realizing what you can accomplish, but trying to reach something that you may feel you can't accomplish. Even if you come short, you feel good that you at least gave it your all to go above and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment