Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Mixer

Friday night I wanted to mix it up a little. I decided to do a set that I remember as a Senior Swimmer that we did. (I did choose to shorten it though).

We did a 600 yard Mixer. In the mixer you must do something different every single lap. So, if you do freestyle one lap, then you cannot do freestyle the remainder of the 600. You can do kicks, drills, strokes, and you can be creative. Some kids chose to be straight forward as in the 600 you can easily do, where others decided to be very creative. Some began basic, but explored into the creative side. The kids had a lot of fun with it and it was good after a 1200 pull set that was really monotonous and boring.

Next time though I am going to put a time limit on so it limits the creativeness to more things that have more forward motion (The 25 yard handstand walks took a little too long). It took a little longer than I wanted and many didn't finish the whole 600.

1 comment: